CONFERENCE “RABIES IN THE AMERICAS 2021”
October 26 to October 29
Abstract submission deadline: 09/10/2021
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically by 09/10/2021. New submissions will NOT be accepted after this date, nor will changes to submissions.
- Each conference participant may submit up to two (2) abstracts. An author may only register and present two (2) papers, but may also be a co-author on additional abstracts.
- Abstracts MUST be written and submitted in English.
- Authors’ preference for the kind of presentation (oral vs. poster) must be indicated at the time of submission. The Scientific Committee will confirm the nature of the presentation prior to finalization of the conference program.
- Descriptions of projects, declarations of intent to write papers, and literature reviews will not be accepted.
- The quality of the text (including grammar, spelling, etc.) is the responsibility of the author and will be assessed as an evaluation criterion by the Scientific Committee.
- A certificate will be issued for each paper presented, indicating the name of all authors.
- Certificates referencing the presentation of a paper will only be granted to the authors who present them at the scheduled sessions.
- Certificates will be available online, in PDF format, fifteen days after the end of the event.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words, and should contain the following: Introduction, Objective, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusions.
The 300 word limit applies to the body of the text and does NOT include the title, name of the author, and key words.
- Do not include bibliographical references.
- Images and/or tables are not permitted.
- Indicate key words in the appropriate space (i.e. do not include key words with the main text).
Carefully review your abstract before submitting it. It will not be possible to edit or correct the text once it is submitted.
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed and assessed by the Scientific Committee using the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference themes.
- Scientific content, novelty, and quality of the proposal.
- Relevance and clarity of defined objectives; appropriateness of methodology; clarity of presented results; pertinence of conclusions.
- Clarity and grammatical correctness of the text.
- Consistency of format.
When submitting your abstract, choose one main topic:
- Human Rabies
- Rabies in Wildlife
- Rabies in Herbivores
- Rabies Vaccination and Vaccines
And indicate the relevant sub-topic:
- Molecular Epidemiology
- Control and Antiviral Agents
GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTATIONS
- Posters must be prepared in English.
- Posters will be displayed electronically but must still follow the proportions of a physical poster. A PowerPoint template for posters will be provided along with confirmations of acceptance.
- Written content must be prepared in English in PowerPoint file (ppt/pptx).
- Oral presentations by Brazilians may be given in English or Portuguese. Foreign presenters may also give their presentations in Spanish.
Oral sessions and posters will be visited by evaluators, who will select the best presentations and posters for each session. Awards for best oral and poster presentations will be presented at the closing session.