CONFERENCE “RABIES IN THE AMERICAS 2021”
October 26 to October 29
GOAL OF THE CONTEST
- The goal of the Scientific Committee of the XXXII Rabies in the Americas (RITA) Wild Rabies in the Context of One Health Video and Music Contest Brazil, 2021 is to encourage the creation of educational video and music content on the problem of Rabies in Wild Animals from the perspective of the interaction among Animals, Humans, and the Environment within the Context of One Health. These movies and songs are expected to successfully convey clear and easy-to-understand messages using a non-scientific language and are designed to teach the general public to readily identify and prevent cases of rabies in wild animals.
- The videos and songs must abide to the title proposed above, namely Wild Rabies in the Context of One Health and be creative and easily understood by the public in general
- Participation in this Contest is voluntary and free of any charge
- All contestants, legal entities excluded, are allowed to participate in the Contest provided they are registered participants of the XXXII RITA
- No persons directly involved with organization of the Contest, including Members of the Jury are allowed to submit any material
HOW TO PREPARE
- The videos and songs cannot exceed 1 to 3 minutes in length
- The freely created content can be submitted in a number of formats such as animation, narrated videos containing imagens, as a news piece, etc.
- The need for a transcription of the narrated text featured in the video and/or the lyrics for translation into the other official languages of the Congress will be informed upon submission of the entry form
- Quality Standard: HD or higher
- Songs may be an original song, or a parody of an already existing song, provided it is exempted from copyright payments
- Official languages: English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Contestants may use commercially sold images and songs provided they are exempted from copyright payments
- The following submissions will not be accepted:
videos that have already competed in other contests, as well as either full or partial copies resulting from the work of third parties
videos containing improper of offensive content
videos in any shape of form that may refer, either directly or indirectly, to the event organizer, companies, products, or services
HOW TO SUBMIT
The deadline for submission is 11:59pm (GMT-3), October 10, 2021
Download and fill out the form
Send the files
Videos or songs sent without the corresponding submission form will not be considered.
Should you feel the need to make any corrections or adjustments to the video or song after completing the submission process, please repeat the process described above and let us know that the files you sent should be ignored.
Once the submission is finalized, the contestant agrees to comply with the rules set forth herein, grants the copyrights, authorizes the exhibition, or use of said material in all media and events organized by RITA, and agrees to do so free of payment.
- Jurors will choose the winner based on the following criteria:
Originality - 10%
Creativity - 20%
Quality of the message and use of accessible language to evaluate the material´s ability to reach its target audience - 25%
Alignment with the original theme - 10%
Alignment with your country´s reality - 25%
Audiovisual quality - 10%
- The videos and songs will be judged by your local Scientific Committee, which will select the best in each category to be presented during the breaks at Rita XXXII – Brasil 2021. All Congress participants will have the opportunity to visit a room dedicated solely to the presentation of the videos and songs throughout the course of the event. Congress participants will then openly vote, and the most voted on video and song will be judged by the Rabies International Steering Committee, which, in turn, will select a winner in every category.
- The Jury will ensure that all the rules and regulations established in this document were complied with and will disqualify any material which failed to do so.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS AND AWARDS
- The winners will be announced at the closing of the Congress
- Winners will also be informed by email
- The Awards will include a Certificate of Award granted by the Rabies International Steering Committee and an Amazon Gift Certificate in the amount of USD 200.
- Contestants are individually responsible for declaring that they were granted the rights for the use of any content featured in their videos, images, or songs and are liable for the content produced. The Organizers are not liable for any losses or damages arising from wrongs committed by the participant during or after the making of the material.
- It is hereby established that the contestants freely and irrevocably relinquish their rights to the use of the videos, images, the sound of their voice, and any other rights arising from their participation in the Contest in favor of the Organizers, thereby authorizing the use of all materials in advertisements and/or promotional or institutional campaigns, with no limit as to the number of times that these materials can be used both nationally and internationally for an indefinite period of time. Contestants are, however, entitled to always have their names associated with the publishment or dissemination of their content on any media platform, be it physical or electronic, or any other existing physical, digital, or virtual format.